The Town Council has agreed to fund the creation and development of a Town Centre brand and marketing campaign and an events programme, organised by a Town Centre Management Group.
Earlier this year, Wilmslow Town Council appointed Groundwork to work with representatives from town centre businesses as part of a Town Centre Management Group, with the aim of creating a town centre that is vibrant, serves residents’ changing needs and fights back from the devastating impact of the pandemic. They have been busy working on a positive new brand & social media pages, which are now live at the follow locations:
Like and follow these pages for all the reason why Wilmslow’s way better…..
The social media streams will feature regular posts and updates of everything across the town centre from food & drink, to shopping, to exploring some of the green open spaces, to wellbeing & business updates.
If your business is located in the Town Centre and you would like your business listed please follow this link https://wilmslowswaybetter.co.uk/businesses/
The first event to be funded by the Town Council will be a Film, Fashion and Food Festival, which is running throughout November/December. With the wide variety of fashion, food and drink venues in Wilmslow – and the centrepiece of the Rex Cinema – the festival hopes to entice consumers to discover new leisure and hospitality experiences as part of the build up to Christmas.
Current plans include:
– Fashion shows and special offers at several Wilmslow shops, including Hoopers, Black White Denim, Caroline Charles, Xpose and Pure on Saturday 27th November
– An exclusive preview & showing of the entire new season range of Gucci frames & sunglasses at James Doyle Opticians. These will be available to view & buy Friday 26th & Saturday 27th November
– Food promotions, special offers and early preview sneak peeks of new winter menus at many of Wilmslows bars, cafes and restaurants
– A Rex Cinema prize draw for free movie tickets to reward your loyalty of keeping it local and shopping/dining/drinking at one of the town centres businesses. (Full terms and conditions can be found on wilmslowswaybetter.co.uk
– Wilmslows walk of fame – Can you follow the trail and find the stars to celebrate some of the longest serving businesses in town? Who has gone from strength to strength and stood the test of time?
Wilmslow Town Council Chairman, Martin Watkins said, “The Town Centre Management team has a great vision for events and promotions that will drive footfall to Wilmslow Town Centre. The Food, Film and Fashion Festival promises to be a fantastic opportunity to showcase businesses and highlight to residents the variety and quality of establishments available locally”.
Groundwork’s Lisa Russett is looking for more Town centre businesses to be involved in the upcoming festival and future events & initiatives. Please email her at [email protected] for more information